Lands of Brixia
Back to Sursiria
Common Magic Spells
Sorcery Magic Spells
- Damage Resistance- p. 198
- Glow- p. 201
- Palsy- p.203
- Spell Resistance- p. 209
- Wrack- p. 209
Sorcery (Grimoire) (INT x2)
The Sorcery (Grimoire) skill reflects the knowledge of all the spells learned from within a particular grimoire. The skill also limits the effect of the spell.
- It is the Sorcery (Grimoire) skill which a witch rolls against to see if she casts a spell correctly.
No witch can ever memorize more spells, from one or multiple grimoires, than she has INT, with one spell occupying one point of the INT Characteristic. A witch with INT 16 could thus keep in her mind up to 16 spells from the same or multiple grimoires.
Casting a spell does not erase it from her mind; but to change which spells she has memorized a witch must spend 1d6 hours expelling an old spell from memory and memorizing a new one from her grimoire.
If the same spell is found in one or more grimoires a witch knows, she always casts it at the highest rated Sorcery (Grimoire) percentage.
On their own, Sorcery spells can be quite weak and limited in their scope. However a witch’s true power lies in her ability to extend the fundamental aspects of all spells, enhancing their reach.
- Sorcery spells cast without any Manipulation have a Magnitude of 1, a Range of touch, a Duration equal to the caster’s POW in minutes and focus upon a single target.
However, the Manipulation skill allows a witch to modify a spell’s components: Magnitude, Range, Duration, or Targets and even Combine several spells into a single casting. Manipulation is a single skill which can be applied to all known Sorcery spells; a separate Manipulation per Grimoire is not necessary.
- The Manipulation skill is never rolled against when casting a spell.
Instead, each 10% or fraction thereof of the Manipulation skill allows one point of Manipulation to be assigned to a single Sorcery spell component. A Witch therefore needs to specify at the moment of casting how the points of her Manipulation skill will be used.
Manipulation of the following components is possible:
- Magnitude: Used to penetrate magical defences or resist magical attacks.
- Range: Used to increase the distance a spell can be cast over.
- Duration: Used to extend the period of time the spell’s effects last.
- Targets: Used to increase the number of targets affected by the spell.
- Combine: Used to fuse together several spells into a single casting.